Monday, November 01, 2010
These are my very beautiful grandchildren from Derrick and Emily, along with Detrix' (mother> Sheila) and other brother (from Papa Tim and mom Sheila). From left to right> Josie, Detrix, John and Teiji.
God has awesomely blessed me! His rewards are always unfathomable because of the grace and mercies He showers upon me every day of my life.
WE LOVE BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US. I JOHN 4:19
Friday, May 28, 2010
Friday, May 28, 2010
Our Banquet table that God has prepared for us will be way more gorgeous and awesome than the one I made for our
I have been reading the Prayer of Jabez (written by Bruce Wilkenson) and know that most of you probably have long ago read it and pray it. This is my paraphrase of what Bruce Wilkenson has already written and shares with us all. It is my prayer along with Bruce Wilkenson, that we all come in agreement to pray this for God's glory to bring all to him in these last days.
Now Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother called his name Jabez saying, “Because I bore him in pain.” And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested. *(I Chronicles 4:9-10)
- Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
- and enlarge my territory,
- that Your hand would be with me,
- and that You would keep me from evil.
1. Our Father in Heaven, hallowed be Your Name, Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven! Bless us all indeed spiritually, emotionally, physically, mentally, financially and relationally.
2. O God and King, please expand our opportunities and our impact in such a way that we touch more lives for Your glory. Let us do more for You! Instead of being bound and chained with the thinkings of our abilities + our experiences + our
Thank You Father, that even though it is a frightening and utterly exhilarating truth that as Your chosen, blessed sons and daughters, we are expected to attempt something large enough that failure is guaranteed… unless You step in!!! This truth goes against everything we would humanly choose>
1. It goes against common sense,
2. It contradicts our previous life experience.
3. It seems to disregard our feelings, training and need for security.
4. It sets us up to look like a fool and a loser.
But it is Your plan for your most- honored beloved sons, daughters and servants.
3. Just as Paul wrote In 2 Corinthians 3:5-6, “Not that we are sufficient of ourselves, to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant.” As we each go through our individual journeys, we ask You, Father, “please do this in me because I cannot do it alone! It’s too big for me!” and then we believe that as we step out in faith to do and say things that could only come from Your hand; our spirit will be shouting, “God did that, nobody else! God carried me, gave me the words, gave me the power—and it is wonderful!”
Thank You Father, that according to 2Chronicles 16:9 “For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.”; and that You are watching and waiting for us to ask for the supernatural power that only You can give for the inexplicable, Spirit-enabled exploits that You have in store for us for Your Glory! Thank You Father, that by Your touch, we can experience supernatural enthusiasm, boldness, and power; which is just another way of saying that we are completely dependent upon You!
4. Oh Lord, keep us from making the mistakes we are most prone to when temptation comes. We confess that what we think is necessary, smart, or personally beneficial is so often only the beautiful wrapping on sin. So please, keep evil far from us! Lord, keep us safe from the pain and grief that sin brings. For the dangers that we cannot see, or the ones that we think we can risk because of our varied experiences (pride and carelessness), put up a supernatural barrier. Protect us, Father, by Your mighty power! Take our feelings that would be a powerful pull of what feels right to us but in actuality, is wrong. Lord, keep us safe from temptations that pull at our emotions and our physical needs, that call out to our sense of what we deserve, what we have the “right” to feel and enjoy. Because You are the true source of all that is really life, direct our steps away from all that is not of You.
LORD, IT IS YOUR WILL THAT WE SEEK THIS BLESSING FOR COUNTLESS MEN, WOMEN AND THEIR FAMILIES! WE KNOW THAT IT IS YOUR DEEPEST DESIRE TO TAKE MORE GROUND FOR THE KINGDOM IN THIS GENERATION, IN THIS ERA OF HISTORY, WITHIN NOT ONLY OUR SURROUNDING AREA, BUT THE WORLD! AND WE THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO DO. FATHER, IT IS YOUR PROFOUND AND IMMOVABLE PURPOSE THAT YOUR HOLY SPIRIT BE HERE—IS HERE NOW IN OUR MIDST--- MOVING ALREADY THROUGH THE MEN, WOMEN AND THEIR FAMILIES. YOU HAVE COME HERE TO WORK IN A SUPERNATURAL DIMENSION THAT EVEN WE CAN BARELY COMPREHEND, BUT WHICH WE EARNESTLY ANTICIPATE. AND AT YOUR NAME, LORD JESUS, EVERY OTHER POWER ON EARTH MUST BOW OR FLEE! Colossians 2:13,15 God has made you alive together with (Christ) and that having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in (the cross). (paraphrased)
In Jesus Mighty, Holy, Wonderful name, Amen
Saturday, July 04, 2009
Sorry that I do not not have any pics to share, but there was a mixup and all of the pics that I downloaded for them & deleted to take more for them did not get put unto a disc for me as was said.
Points of Interest to me:
This was my 3rd trip but 2nd time at this location. It is Almaz camp located in a little town called Russo, approx. 62 miles outside of Moscow. So this town is pertty unscathed by tourism & is a town used byMoscow families as a vacation spot.
As stated before, the traffic & driving through Moscow is incredibly slow & bumber to bumber using all lanes (including the shoulders as lanes and the middle turn area as a lane for which ever direction gets it first!) An 1/2 hour drive normally takes approx. 2-3 hours!
Most of the houses have alluminum roofsa & lluminum edging under the windows. The old houses are not too much different from our old houses except in some rural areas they all look like barn shapes. Most of the houses have security gates. The larger motel/holtel looking ones are in compounds called territories and are totally fenced and gated in with security guards. All of the Apartments in Moscow have metal storage buildings lined up along the side walk & the people drive their cars upon the sidewlak & into their metal storage container garage if they have a car, otherwise, it is for their storage of there belongings. Most of the people in Moscow use the Metro as their transportation like New Yorkers use the subway. There are three wheels around moscow going out from the center to the subburbs with approx. 11 spokes going from the center accross the circles to the rural area with approx. 12-15 stops per spoke. When I went up to check out some of the various stops, there was either a McDonalds or Kentucky Fried Chicken or both at every one of them. LOL
Well, I am sure that I have alot of other observations to make, but will address them later & hopefully with pics.
There is a store not far from the gate of each one. They are little stores that you tell & sellect what you want to the cashier then they will get it for you and give it to you after you pay for it. In the small town of Russo there is a little store approx. every 5-6 blocks. I found what was there supermarket which was approx the size of 2 AMPMs. They do have the items out on the shelves for you to select from & put into a cart. The produce has to first be selected then put unto a scale where you punch in the #'s & a sticky tag comes out with the price on it to place on the produce. The only fresh meat there was lunch type meats & all of the rest was frozen. (Two years ago in Moscow, I came upon a fresh meat/fish market that the items were either in unrefrigerated display cases, on top of the counters & hanging from the rafters; with chopping blocks ready with axes & knifes to cut off the selection of meat that you wanted (Flys everywhere!) The same with the fresh produce.) Also in Russo, I came upon what must be their little shoppin mall, it looks like you are walking into a small apartment complex with the doors of the apartments barely opened. When I looked into them, I found a hair salon, barber shop, appliance store, hardware store, toy store, a place for small repairs of items and food place to eat. I also found a fishing supply store, electronics store, furniture store about 3 or 4 clothing stores, lots of little coffee shops & cafes to eat at as well as a couple of banks, a milk store, a car repair mechanics shop, the museum, and they had about 3-4 drug stores placed about 8-10 blocks away from each other.
Their churches are really ornate and has the dome oblisk on all of them. They are for the most part Russian Orthodox that belive in crossing with 2 fingers & you are wrong if you do it any other way.
The scenery and weather was alot like what I am use to in Seattle but more humitity.
They have hot water flowing into Moscow through humongous ducts that have to be cleaned out for two weeks in July, so they have to put up with cold water for the 2 weeks. The territories have their own hot water flowing into every dorm & room. The toilets & sinks are usually seperat from the showers. (No bathtubs) Their toilet paper is like sandpaper, so I usually bring my own. I like the idea of the hpt pipes being exposed along the walls because I use them to hang my wash on to dry.
There are flowers, drinks, cigaretts, magaizines, alcohol & snack kiosks on every corner in Moscow.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
These pics are from when I was at Lav's & we decided to see what I would look like in straight hair since I have always had naturally curly. How FUN it was!
Monday, August 20, 2007
Victoria, Camp Director> Toma, Youth leader for group #! the youngest group> Kate, youth leader for the 3rd group ages 13-14 & myself. We were watching the water ballon competition going on staying out of the way of the water bombs!!! lol
This is Pasha's Possie watching on from the older group.
This is the water balloon competition going on. I think everyone lost count due to having too much fun!!! lol
This is Mary, group leader of #4 the oldest group & Karina, group leader of the 2nd group 10-12's
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Bombs away!!! Each group needs to Create a Company Name: package, sales pitch & demonstrate the package droped from approximately 10 ft.
Out of a total of 15 groups there were 3 "packages that made it" lol
Friday, August 17, 2007
Otherwise called the infinite circle. Mary's group #4 This was a problem solving activity & very fun to watch & do.
This was one of the days that we were outside under a shelter due to rain. The weather was alot like Seattle except a very muggy wet hot on nice days.